CLAY UNION ELECTRIC COPPORATION
Vermillion, South Dakota
Policy No. 112
PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
To establish the procedures to be followed in maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of the information of the cooperative and its members.
- The cooperative shall maintain a record for each member. This record shall include the member’s name, address, telephone number, social security number and other additional information deemed necessary by the cooperative.
- The information contained in the members record shall be deemed confidential and shall not be released unless authorized in writing by the member or pursuant to Policy No. 111 or such other policies and revisions thereto that may be adopted by the board of directors.
- Members shall have access to the information contained in their record upon request.
- Non member records of the cooperative shall be disseminated pursuant to Policy No. 111.
- The cooperative may request credit information from members in order to establish a member’s credit worthiness. The cooperative may from time to time access credit reports of members and prospective members and may report member credit information to credit reporting bureaus.
- The cooperative shall make all reasonable efforts to maintain the records of the cooperative and the members in a safe and secure manner.
- When releasing cooperative records to third parties in the normal course of business, the cooperative shall require such third parties to maintain the confidentiality of such records.
- Any member may request in writing that their information not be shared with affiliates of the cooperative.
The manager shall be responsible for carrying out the provisions of this policy.
Date Adopted: 9/20/01, Date Revised: 12/18/09, Date Reviewed: 05/30/12